Monday, June 29, 2009


If you look closely you will see a sea otter cleaning himself in the water at the edge of the bank. He's just hanging out in front of the elephant seals and having fun. This is another photo from my Elkhorn Slough adventure. This was one of the first times I could get really close to sea otters in the wild. I've been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium to see them but it's not the same as seeing them in the wild. The experience really confirmed how playful sea otters are and they seem to enjoy life so much. I imagine that being a sea otter wouldn't be too bad.

1 comment:

  1. The Elkhorn Slough is definitely a special place! The first time I went up it in a kayak. I thought that I saw a white and purple beach ball bobbing below the water's surface. It turned out to be a jelly fish undulating just below the surface...Another time I went up the slough with the help of the tide in an old paddle boat that my husband owned at the time. I was a bit paranoid that one of the bull sea lions was going to tip us over. Fortunately they were enjoying their basking in the sun too much to bother with us. Thanks for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete