Sunday, June 14, 2009

If Groucho Marx had been a librarian I think he would have already taken this blog name.

Regarding the word "licentious" (see previous post) and how it relates to rules and standards.....Okay, maybe I spoke too soon. I'm a librarian (or almost) so how can I make a comment about not accepting rules & standards? It seems to contradict the very nature of our work doesn't it ? *** I can't help but express my radical, anarchist nature. So maybe I'll accept most standards and a few rules.

How about this:

Licentious Librarians For Rules & Standards: Counter-Intuitiveness is Our Specialty

An enigma (from Greek αἴνιγμα, plural enigmas or enigmata) is a puzzle, something mysterious or inexplicable, or a riddle or difficult problem. The word can also be used to describe a mysterious or secretive person. (Thanks Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment